Thursday, May 2, 2013


Anichebe Adopted Everton Over Nigeria



Everton and Nigerias striker Victor Anichebe has put his international career with Nigeria on hold so he can "manage his body accordingly"




The Lagos-born told BBC sport  for the time being, he doesn't want to be considered for Nigeria.

He was tipped about his homecoming to substitute the injured Emmanuel Emenike for the upcoming World Cup qualifiers and confederations cup in June. He said,

" The best thing for me at the moment is to focus on club football. I don't want to apportion blames neither do I have any issues with NFF (Nigeria Football Federation) or Stephen Keshi our coach,"

Anichebe has been plagued by injuries over the past years, including a groin problem on his last appearance for Nigeria in a 2-0 win over Madagascar in 2011

He insisted it'll be a pleasure to play for his country, but his premier league team Everton is his major priority at the moment.

"Without club football there is no international football and everyone at Everton was with me every step of the way during my injuries and rehabilitation and so I owe it to the club to manage myself correctly," he explained.

"I don't feel that the Nigeria Federation was there for me then in the same manner, which was especially disappointing given that I got the injury representing my country.

But I don't blame anyone for this nor do I have any issues with anybody from the NFF or Stephen Keshi our coach. He has done a fantastic job and he's grooming a team that Nigerians can be very proud of."


No comments:

Post a Comment