Sunday, June 2, 2013

Mini Bus Driver Returns N49, 000 Cash, N380, 000 Cheque To Owner


A minibus driver in Osogbo, Osun state on Saturday demonstrated the spirit of a selfless and patriotic Nigerian when he returns a sum of N49, 000 cash and a cheque of N380, 000 ($2400 Est) to the owner who forgetfully left a purse containing the said amount and cheque in his bus. The owner was said to have boarded the minibus from Fakunle area of Osogbo to Aregbe. 

The owner of the items, One Mrs Olubunmi Adeleke, a teacher at Our Lady and St. Francis College, Osogbo who left the purse containing the items was unspeakably traumatized and restlessness when she realized  her awful mistake. She never in her wildest dream imagined having a grip on those items again.

Speaking in Osogbo, Mrs. Adeleke said, “I was really devastated when I realized that I had misplaced the purse.

“I got the N380, 000 ($2400 Est) cheque from my cooperative for a private project. I was about to give up all hope when the bus driver traced me and returned all my money and personal effects intact,” she said.

The God fearing 33-year-old driver, Bisi Oladimeji, who lives in Ikirun, but operates in Osogbo with a mini bus registered, XA 76 RGB said that although he was in dare need of money and could have just vanished into thin air with the money which undoubtedly wasn't his, “I couldn’t have taken what is not mine.” He said.

"I opted to become a minibus driver since my hunt for a white-collar job was to no avail."

According to Oladimeji, “I have a Higher National Diploma, HND, in Accountancy from the Federal Polytechnic, Offa. The bus is not my own; I am just a hired driver; I do it to keep soul and body together.”

He said he sat for the recent Osun Civil Service Commission recruitment examination and scored 199, adding that “although I don’t know whether I would be employed, but I know that only God can bless me.

“When I saw the purse in my bus, I checked inside and found an identity card showing where the passenger works,” he said.

When asked how he locate the owner of the purse, Oladimeji said, “I traced the school in Isale Aro area of Osogbo and from there, I was directed to Mrs. Adeleke’s house and I gave her the purse. Everything in the purse was intact when she checked.”

No comments:

Post a Comment